Tuesday, February 7, 2012

crazy for jason wu!

If you mix fashion, a top designer, a limited-edition affordable clothing line, and women, then you should expect a flurry of excitement and anticipation. 


This was my first time at attempting to snag some stylish duds from a hugely anticipated event like this. There was no way I was going to try and brave the crowds at the store so I decided to try online first. Mission failed. 


Shopping anxiety. Items quickly disappearing from my shopping cart. My XS size small option "no longer available". You get the picture.


I didn't want to miss out on this since I didn't even know about the whole Missoni launch. So after careful consideration, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try the store early in the morning. I woke up at 7 am Sunday morning and headed to Target. Believe it or not, I even dragged my son along with me since his daddy was still sleeping and I already knew he would not let me leave without him.


There was already a line waiting outside Target when I got there. I knew this was going to be interesting. There were even some women in line with their boyfriends/hubbies to help them out. I even overheard a girl behind me on the phone with her friend at another Target location. This was serious business, people. I was in a line full of fashion-crazed women and I had my toddler son with me. How was I going to do this??


They opened the doors and my son decides then and there that he doesn't want to hold my hand. What do I do? I pick him up and hoist him on my hip. As soon as most of the line was in the store, the women ran to the racks. I literally saw clothes and hangers everywhere. I didn't get exactly what I wanted but lucky for me, I was able to grab one accessory and one item just as everything was about to disappear from the racks. And I did this all while carrying my 3-year old son. 


It was a shopping experience to remember, that's for sure. Next time, I'm going to be quicker and more fully prepared...to shop online!



{the craze outside the dressing rooms}




{Jason Wu clutch, Jason Wu Pleated Blouse & two Matchbox toy cars}


12 comments:

  1. I'm going to admit I have never heard of Jason Wu and didn't know a line was coming to Target! Me in my own little world, ha ha. The dress you got is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving his designers clutch, it looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds crazy! It was pretty hectic at my target but not that intense! Glad you got some things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the blouse! I found you from this weeks' blog hop. Hope you can visit my blog at www.lucasandmahina.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I can't get any shopping done when I'm out with my 3 year old! You have skills. Nice finds, I love the color of that top!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that he was that big of a deal. That crowd would have been a total turn off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comments. Comments are hard to come by.

    I have seen him advertising his new line for target on the tv. Looks like it was a success. Darling purse and top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's insane! People love their collaborations :) You def scored! I love what you bought. It's timeless for sure.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you were able to grab two things with your son in your arms. I am amazed at your shopping skills! I love that clutch !Completely jealous of you now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i got that clutch, too. i'm a big fan of envelope clutches. :) can't believe how crazy your target looks! i live in the country, so it was empty, lol!

    have a great wknd!

    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your picks. and you're awesome for braving the crowds with your son.

    ReplyDelete