Monday, April 22, 2013

my first hike - check!

If you told me 5 years ago that I'd actually be experiencing a hike, I'd call you crazy. I can't stand the thought of camping so I'm not much of an outdoors person. Over the last several years, my fitness and personal goals have changed a bit. I'd like to be able to say that I did something adventurous at least once in my life. {Maybe turning 30 this past January has something to do with it.} I made a goal to be more active and to participate in more active events.

So yes...I can sit here and tell you that I just went on my very first hike!

Four of my friends and I headed over to Mission Peak in fremont on Sunday and began our hike. I don't think I knew exactly what I was getting into because I was already sweating and huffing and puffing on the first incline. Soon after, we all could feel it in our thighs and calves. Hiking up to to the top would definitely NOT be easy. We finally got to the last stretch and that part was tough! It was a rockier terrain so it was a challenge just getting to the top.

As soon as we made it to the top safe and sound and stepped foot on the very top of the peak...it was exhilirating! Looking down at where we started to where we were standing at that moment felt like an amazing accomplishment.

Of course, I am paying for it today with a sore body. But hey - no pain, no gain!



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your first hike! :) You must be so proud of yourself! (Fantastic pictures by the way!)

    Happy Monday!
    *Hugs*
    Melly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melly! Yes, I felt really proud and happy! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like fun! Way to go! Doing new things is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I love hiking, though I don't know if I'm in good enough shape to go at this point lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you Lindsay!! What a great accomplishment for you, and I have no doubt your legs were sore after it!!

    ReplyDelete