Wednesday, April 3, 2013

happy easter.

Easter has always been a favorite holiday of mine and every time it rolls around every year, I'm reminded of the fun memories I had when I was younger...

The excitement of shopping for a new Easter basket every year because there was no way you could use the old one from the year before.
The joy of getting together with my family and spending quality time with my cousins.
The smell and taste of the delicious food.
The pastel-colored outfits that our parents made us wear.
The impatient waiting we had to endure while the adults went and hid the eggs...
The even more impatient waiting we had to endure while the adults made us sit together and take pictures...in our pastel-colored outfits.
The rush of excitment when we finally were released to begin our search for eggs.
The chocolates, the treats, the money. The pure fun and joy of it all.

I truly do miss being a kid, especially around Easter time. What makes it even more joyous for me now is creating the same memories for my son. Seeing how much he has come to love the holiday as much as I did as a kid warms my heart more than he'll ever know. Happy Easter, son!

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post!! I agree, it is so fun creating the memories all over again with your own children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I miss being a kid around Easter too.
    It's so great that you are creating those same memories for son, he looks like he's having an absolute blast. His outfit and pose in the last photo are too adorable!

    LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete