Tuesday, May 17, 2011

to run or not to run...

I've been wanting to join a marathon for a couple years now, but was always too scared or intimidated to try it. For one thing, I'm not a runner nor do I work out on a regular basis anymore (I'm on a mission to change both of those things). There have been numerous times where I was driving and saw someone running and I always found it very inspiring...something like out of a Nike commercial. Of course, I doubted myself and thought I could never do it or do very well at it. I told myself I would do one next year, but why not now right? 


My sister unexpectedly asked me the other day if I wanted to join her in the SF Giants 5K Marathon in August. My first thought was, "Yes!" My second thought was, "OMG do I have enough time to train??" I don't wanna put this off any longer so I will be joining her this year. She just finished with her spring semester at school so she and I will be following an 8-week training schedule that I found online. I'm so nervous but very excited! Wish me luck! :)


http://www.race-sfgiants.com/

2 comments:

  1. Finally! a post....you'll do great! I am glad you are giving it a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! haha i couldn't decide on what my first post should be about. :)

    ReplyDelete