Thursday, July 7, 2011

saved by the...cheese?

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my son's meltdown moment. Yesterday, I had my OWN mommy meltdown moment. 


I had just lugged three bags of laundry to the car...with my son running around and not listening to a word I was saying. 


"Please get in the car now." {nope}


I finally got him in the car and reached into his backpack, which I had temporarily used for my own personal belongings, to grab my cell phone. I pull it out and there's juice all over it. Grape juice. Not only did it get all over my phone, but it got all over my wallet and his pull-ups. 


Anger starts building up. 


I take them all out in an attempt to dry my phone AND the bottom of the backpack with the only napkins I could find in the car. After doing that I start to put everything back in the backpack when I notice MORE juice had somehow dripped onto my seat. 


Enter a flood of curse words.


I'm freaking out now. OMG, grape juice on my car seat! I quickly run back inside the house to grab a wet towel and furiously dabbed at the darn stain...hoping it'll go away. 


Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. 


Before heading to the laundromat, I pick up my sister from her apartment. She gets into the car, hands me a snack size Tillamook cheese, and all of a sudden, I'm feeling much better about what had just happened. My unlucky turn of events was saved by these bad boys:


FYI: the seat and phone are in fabulous condition. oh, and so am I.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for following. OMG I HATE colored juices. They are pure evil and hate moms. I try to only let my daughter have clear juices or at least almost clear when we are in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have SOOOO had those moments! Mine are usually in the car too since I tend to get most crazy when we are running late. Good thing there were snacks to the rescue! Gotta love sisters!

    Jessica @FoundtheMarbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brownie can usually turn my day around. ;-) Glad nothing was permanently damaged! Visiting from Thoughtful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I love that cheese.. my favorite brand.
    :) Following!

    http://www.sahmcity.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog- I am now following you too. We don't have that brand in the UK, but chocolate normally turns my day around!

    Katie

    (www.mummydaddyandmemakesthree.co.uk) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you felt about the whole situation, some days are just like that. Glad nothing actually damaged.
    Thanks for the visit, i will sure be checking out on you. Do have a fabulous weekend.
    VoiceBoks member.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you everyone for the comments. funny how food always turns things around! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the follower, I am now following back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man that sux! Something similar happened to me recently! chocolate definitely fixes me right up LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh story of my life lately as far as frustration goes.. gotta love terrible twos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had many mornings like that :) LOL! I am a new follower from the MBC :)
    http://modernmommyoftwoprincesses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have had those moments. There was an oil spill just today, the second one this year1 I usually turn to ice cream.

    ReplyDelete