Thursday, January 5, 2012

keep calm and write a blog

One of my dreams when I was younger was to become a writer. I used to enter Poetry and writing contests. I even wrote a few stories in the 6th grade and some of the best ones were made into a little book and were kept in our school library. In high school, my good friend and I both joined the newspaper staff on our quest to become Journalists. Somewhere along the way, my writing slowly disappeared from my life and I didn't have the same passion for it. For the past few years, I've wanted to start a blog...just as a fun thing and to also get back into writing. 




My blog was started in May of last year and I quickly grew a great love for it. It's a fun outlet for me and I really don't know what I'd do if I didn't have it. Maybe I'd go crazy with all my thoughts, who knows. When I started it, I didn't realize the opportunities I could get from it...


Just last month, I was approached to become a regular blogger for ParentSociety.com. I was beyond ecstatic and couldn't believe this opportunity was being given to me. Along with a few other things, this was one of the best ways to end my year...and a great start to a new one!


Check out my first post and feel free to leave a comment!


Also, I will be hosting my very first giveaway on Friday {another thing to be excited about} so don't forget to come back for that! Thank you to all my followers and readers for visiting my blog. I truly feel so blessed to have all of you!

21 comments:

  1. Yea girl! :) I just posted a comment for you :) It takes some time for the comments to get approved but you'll see it soon yipee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! And we are all blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I am so happy for you and that fact you are writing again. I left a comment on parentsociety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Good to hear that, going now to check out the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, that's great! I'll go check out your first post right now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats AMAZING!Congrats to you. Not suprising to me though. Your blog is a daily read for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!
    I've given you an award on my blog today.
    Please come see :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really awesome!!! Good for you :)
    I hope you find that passion again for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations.
    I too used to write a lot of poetry, short stories, and even have had some of my poems published. I now work on my blog, as it is a way to speak...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! It sounds like 2012 is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower through Melomomma's Share It Friday hop... Congratulations on your opportunity - how exciting!
    Look forward to reading more of your blog.
    www.blogparent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats. I wish you the best. :-)

    Imelda @ http://www.auxilioabalto.us/et.al

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new opportunity. Very exciting! Just stopped by from MeloMomma's blog hop.

    Dana @ www.northernontariomommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! That is wonderful. I'm off to check out your post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post and the one you did for parent Society. Woo hoo! You nailed it. I am so happy that you are seeing your dream coming true, that's awesome. I will leave a comment on the parent Society's site too. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so awesome! Way to go! Your life sounds so exactly like my best friend and I. I am going to check you out on parent society!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you girl! What a great accomplishment.
    I read the article - it's very good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Congrats! On my way to check it out!

    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete